If you are having trouble paying your fuel bills this winter:
why not call the Government's Home Energy Advice Service on 0300 123 1234 or download the Helping Consumers with Energy guide
or visit the Home Heat Helpline website or call them on 0800 33 66 99
STAY WARM STAY WELL: THIS SERVICE WILL RESTART SOON
Moseley Community Development Trust is working with partners in the voluntary sector and Birmingham City Council to help residents save energy, money and stay well this winter. The extra help ‘Stay Warm Stay Well’ will offer this year includes:
• Making sure eligible households receive support from Birmingham Energy Savers to physically improve cold homes;
• Targeting more help at families with young children;
• Providing cold weather crisis provision for homeless rough sleepers, and
• Targeting more help for those with a health risk.
Key achievements for last winter’s campaign included:
• Over 1,400 home visits made to help vulnerable individuals and families prepare for winter: achieving better home energy efficiency; reducing fuel bills; maximising income and improving quality of life through home safety and home security checks.
• The promotion of behaviour change to reduce fuel waste.
• ‘Warm Space’ events held across the city to get vulnerable people out of cold homes and into the warmth.
• In addition, extra benefits worth over £750,000 were identified for the over 75s and other vulnerable people who were not claiming their full entitlement.