STAY WARM STAY WELL: THIS SERVICE HAS NOW STOPPED WE HOPE IT WILL RESTART IN 2013
Moseley Community Development Trust is working with partners in the voluntary sector and Birmingham City Council to help residents save energy, money and stay well this winter. The extra help ‘Stay Warm Stay Well’ will offer this year includes:
• Making sure eligible households receive support from Birmingham Energy Savers to physically improve cold homes;
• Targeting more help at families with young children;
• Providing cold weather crisis provision for homeless rough sleepers, and
• Targeting more help for those with a health risk.
Key achievements for last winter’s campaign included:
• Over 1,400 home visits made to help vulnerable individuals and families prepare for winter: achieving better home energy efficiency; reducing fuel bills; maximising income and improving quality of life through home safety and home security checks.
• The promotion of behaviour change to reduce fuel waste.
• ‘Warm Space’ events held across the city to get vulnerable people out of cold homes and into the warmth.
• In addition, extra benefits worth over £750,000 were identified for the over 75s and other vulnerable people who were not claiming their full entitlement.
Visit the Age UK Spread the Warmth website for information about their campaign.